Sunday, January 11, 2009

all you Seattle-ites...Help!

I am off to Seattle in a few weeks to visit my sister! I am so excited to see her, and to play tourist with her (and her cute fam). Here is my quandary: I am to set the itinerary. We are going to do Pike's Place and take the ferry to Bainbridge island...but is(are) there something(s) I should not miss doing in Seattle? I want to know. (My sis is pretty new there, so she isn't quite the expert yet) Leave a comment and let me know what I can't miss! I'm counting on all you northwesterners! Thanks :)

Danielle- can't wait to see you, sista!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Not a Seattle-ite, but I do love it.
You HAVE to go to Ivar's and get the seafood chowder. It is the best thing I've ever had, and both Brad and I dream about it everyday. It's seriously awesome. There's one right near Pike's Market so it shouldn't be too bad to find.
And if you like watercolor paints, there's a great store there with the prettiest shimmery watercolors I've ever seen. Hit me back if you need info...
and you have to feed the jellyfish? I think? Ask Stewart; he always seemed to be doing weird stuff there. And my mom. She's all into that vacation research stuff.

Emily H. said...

Amelia I read through both of your blogs and loved every minute of it! I cannot believe (well I can kind of) how amazing your cakes are woman!!! I still remember when you made that cake with almond extract and it tasted so good and I didn't even know what almond extract was (still don't know what to do with it). I love your humor and your writing. It is so great to catch up- I was so sad to loose contact with you. You are awesome!

My husband is from washington but other than the market where they through the fish, I have no good ideas. We don't usually spend too much time in seattle. Sorry i'm not more help. Have fun though!

Noriko Anderson said...

I'm a northwesterner, but I can't think of anything... it seems like my trips to Seattle were for Ikea... which is nothing new to a Utahan... but there is a cool Japanese grocery store that we did always go to... they have dishes, dolls, and other Asian stuff... it is called uwajimaya... check out uwajimaya.com.... also there is an underground city tour thing... and i agree with whitney Ivars is pretty good... and if you have time a ferry to another island is fun... a lot of times you see whales...

Unknown said...

Amelia, you're awesome. You should write a book. Price Uncle