Friday, January 16, 2009

Something is wrong with me.

Seriously. Here is what I did this morning.


I have 20 pair of shorts and 5 patterns to make by next week. (Yay! They let me start making patterns!) I had 2 and a quarter hours alone to do as much as possible. I make the patterns...they weren't too hard, and sit down to sew shorts. I do two, and, as I am sewing the waistband on the second one, I think to myself, "Hmmm. I wonder if I can draw a bird." I did not see a bird, hear a bird, not a feather, nothing.

Next thing I know, it is 5 minutes later, and I am sitting with pen in hand drawing a bird.

Like I said, something is wrong with me.

And no, I cannot draw a bird. At all.

4 comments:

Aaron Misa Kota said...

I don't think that something is wrong with you. I just like to know that I'm not the only on that has a hard time concentrating when I need to.

Ariana said...

Hahaha. I have the same problem. I sit down to work on a sewing project...then I am rearranging the pictures on the walls, then I decide that the colors aren't in the right order on my thread organizer, then I decide to blow the dust out of my sewing machine, then I sit down to REALLY work on my project and realize I don't have the correct kind of fusible stuff to do applique... So I go to the store to get the right stuff, come home, get the applique started. Iron it on. Realize I didn't flip the pattern over before tracing it and now it's backwards....

Maybe I should just draw a bird. Sounds simpler! :)

Unknown said...

you're making patterns!? fun!!
and your story is absolutely fabulous. i think we all suffer from that...

Unknown said...

Honey, this just means you are creative. And adorable. xo