Thursday, April 9, 2009

My lunchtime conversation

Today, after making my five year old pancakes for breakfast (instead of the usual cold cereal), ignoring my project for work and playing littlest pet shop, after I didn't vacuum and did princess puzzles instead, we sat down to lunch (I even cut her PB&J with a heart cookie cutter for fun). After all that, this was our conversation:

"Mom?"
"What sweetie?"
"Do you know what my favorite days in the world are? They are Christmas, My birthday, Halloween, Easter, and the days Daddy gets to stay home so he can play with me."


Don't get me wrong, I like that playing with Daddy is so special to her...really, I do.


But, come on.

5 comments:

Emily H. said...

lol! :) That is so funny! When pregnant with Sadie, my 3rd, I told Adam that I had a claim on her that she would be a momma's girl! I get why they think there dad is all that- hey, I think so to but, like you said, come on!

Unknown said...

LAME!! How is that even fair?!

Aaron Misa Kota said...

That is hilarious. I can see her little face tilted looking you in the eye and telling you this. If she was standing she would have her hand on her hips.

Emily said...

Killer, I think I WOULD EXCUSE MYSELF AND GO CRY IN THE BATHROOM!

You are the best mom ever by the way!

Ariana said...

Oh too funny! I guess it's good to know daddies are good for something....bad timing though. ;-)