My 7 year old will be 8 soon! I can't believe it! And that means baptism. This is a huge deal to us, and I plan on making her a special dress for the occasion. That is where it gets tricky. I had planned on making this adorable oriental style dress out of white brocade. Then the darling girl told me she wanted her dress to go to the floor (or almost). That wouldn't look so great on the dress I had in mind. Also, she is kind of a little fashionista, and does not like puffy dresses anymore (I am fine with this). I bought the pattern for this dress today and plan on changing the sash to ivory and adding sleeves (it will be winter after all!). I might make a red or blue sash to switch out for Sundays (cue Julie Andrews...).
What do you think? with her black hair in a low bun and a white flower tucked in, I think she will be stunning. Wish me luck!
What do you think? with her black hair in a low bun and a white flower tucked in, I think she will be stunning. Wish me luck!

4 comments:
Beautiful!!! She'll look amazing. I know how to make those floral head things...I know they have a real name but I can't think of it. Like a floral tiara.... anyways, I can make then if you are ever interested. :-)
I second it. I think it is a beautiful pattern.
She will be gorgeous! I only wish I had 1/10 of your talent!
Are you sure you want her that drop dead gorgeous? Danny may need a shotgun soon....ha ha. Two girls in my ward have matching yellow dresses with peach-y sashes from that pattern or one very similar. It is a winner!
Post a Comment