Tuesday, October 19, 2010

just the best salsa ever...no big deal.

For Carrian and anoyone else who wants it... Enjoy!
 

Amazing Black Bean Salsa



*In a large bowl combine:

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 can corn, drained

1 can garbanzo beans,rinsed and drained

20 stems cilantro, chopped

6-8 roma tomatoes, chopped

4 green onions chopped (or 1/3 c.

chopped sweet onion)

1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped

(You can also use ½ of a 4 oz can

of chopped jalapenos)



*In a small bowl combine:

1/8 tsp garlic powder

½ tsp. Salt

3 tbs. balsamic vinegar

3 tbs. olive oil

2 tbs. sugar

*Pour over bean and tomato mix and refrigerate. Serve with chips. Enjoy!



**I like to use 8 roma-sized handfuls of grape tomatoes cut in half or thirds.



**Leftovers make a really yummy filling for omelets! Just add cojito cheese.

Or, stuff an avocado half with the salsa and call it lunch! mmm...

1 comment:

Emily H. said...

You posted! Yay! With a delicious sounding recipe and I can't wait to try it. So how the heck have you been my friend? How's that little baby of yours? (who probably isn't even a baby anymore) I was just in utah for 3 days to meet up with my in laws and was able to squeeze in a couple hrs with my parents and brother. I so had wished I could have had just a little extra time to have visited YOU! That would have been nice. Hopefully next time! I miss you! You're awesome too, ya know that?