New Year's has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love having a clean slate to start with. As a school girl, I always loved the last few weeks of school when the walls were stripped down to the cork boards. So much possibility there. I love the clean slate of a New Year. I love all the possibilities it holds. I feel inspired.
I have been thinking about my resolutions this year, and I have decided to take it easy on myself. I am only making a handful, instead of the usual long list of things I always feel I need to accomplish in order to be a better person. So, in 2009, I resolve to:
*1. Spend less money
*2. Take better care of myself. As a mother and closet control freak, I tend to try and take care of everyone and everything myself. When the day gets too full and busy the first things off the list are my things. So in this category are big and little things, like: *putting lotion on every day instead of just getting dressed and having itchy legs all day *saying no when I need to * Protecting my workout time. I am pretty good at this, but I can be better. I am a better mom, wife, everything when I have a good workout. * buy a new toenail polish that is not a brownish red. *paint my toenails more often *make time to get my haircut when I need it (now) *get my eyes checked *no more buying really cheap jeans....Anyway, you get the idea...
*3. Be better at my Church calling. I always feel I can do a little more...Which is great, because I love my church calling!
*4. Have more fun with my Husband. Don't get me wrong...the important word here is more.We laugh and have fun together now. We have been through some hard times together and we have learned how to work together (like champs!) and we have been re-learning to play together these past few years. I just want to keep it up. (driving range and a couple of buckets of golf balls, anyone?)
I think I can accomplish these goals...( a happy side effect of setting easy ones...) And I will be a better person for it!
What are your Resolutions? Come on... I told mine!
I hope you all have a fantastic 2009!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great list! And if it makes you feel any better, I haven't cut my hair in over a year. Somehow after taking care of everyone else, the taking care of myself gets forgotten.
If you're looking for some great jeans, try the Down East Outlet in AF. I got some of the cutest jeans there for $30, with a $100-something price tag and I LOVE it! There is something about a cute pair of jeans that makes a person feel better about themself!
Post a Comment