Was quite interesting. We involved the girls as much as possible in this year's political race. They watched the debates (and SNL clips on the news...my 4 year old saw a pic of Sarah Palin this morning and said, "that is the funny one, right, Mom?") and heard my Husband and I discussing the issues. Sometimes they would even weigh in with their thoughts. We encouraged them to decide who they would vote for, without us telling them which candidates would be our choices. (the idea was that they would learn to make their own informed decisions when voting) I took them with me when I voted (early). I even taught them about secret ballots...we probably should have done that at our house, too.
I felt like we were being all star parents.
Then, one chose McCain, and one chose Obama.
My role this morning: Diplomat.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love this post!
Post a Comment